Name:
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I love people. Most people say I have a "mother's heart". I love to talk about Jesus and what He is teaching me. I love to learn from young adults. They have so much to offer the world. I work much - at a Christian book store and for a Live Blood Analysist.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Need to Get Away

Have you ever felt the need to get away? Have you felt overwhelmed at times by the craziness of life? It seems we are all pushing the petal to the metal. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round but can't get off. The funny thing is even though I feel that, I am sensing a peace & joy.

The first feelings like this made me angry when people would go on a vacation or take a weekend off. I knew I couldn't for several reasons. Now I'm totally content with that though.

What made me come to that point? I was thinking about the crowds that pressed Jesus. He wanted to be alone but felt for those around him. I've wanted to make time for lunch with a friend but haven't been able to but Jesus went through that too. Have you even felt let down by friends? I have. But who understands that too. Jesus friends all left him when the crunch came.

I'm just so thankful that Jesus understands me and He will always come to me to help me with all these "feelings". He's been there long before me. He is the one that gives to me. He is the one that comforts me, strengthens me and helps me to feel content and joy in the midst of the stresses of life.

Yeah !!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Its so very true... whenever i have a bad day it is always helpful to know that God understands what i am going through~ It is also good to point out that Jesus took quiet time as well where no one was around... being silent and relaxing with God is SO important in our lives! God is a marvelous God.. and i can't get over the fact that He loves me oh so much~ Great blog, be blessed!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home